Are you a Coventry resident? Please support the petition launched by service users at Coventry’s flagship Job Shop. See below and download the attached file. (To sign online visit https://myaccount.coventry.gov.uk/Petitions).
Save our Job Shop and the essential support that helps Coventry residents into work. Support that helps people to help themselves.
The Council wants to close our Job Shop and stop the essential support the Employment Team provides to some of the most disadvantaged people in Coventry. Some facts (taken from a Freedom of Information Request dated December 2016)
- Since January 2013 the Job Shop and wider Employment Team have helped 25,222
- Coventry residents and supported 5,689 people into work.
- On average, more than 150 Coventry people visit the Job Shop for support every day.
- Over two thirds of Job Shop service users are unable to get help from Jobcentre Plus.
- If these cuts are made, £18.6 million worth of projects will be at risk and £10.8 million of European Social Funding will be lost.
We urge Coventry City Council to reconsider this proposal and prioritise helping people that want to work to get into work and therefore reduce the other costs to the Council associated with people being unemployed.
Please download the petition and email/print forward it far and wide. save-employment-support-petition-2